Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Return

I am not sure about everyone else, but God sure finds venerable ways to bring me back from my meandering. Simply put; I am seeking restitution for my fractured faith. I have spent far too long clinging to contested differences of opinion. I have allowed my ignorance to overcome my open faith to the Lord.

Observing the strength of my faith now compared to its rigidity of years past, leaves me morose. I am sad to announce that my faith has become lacking and my morals have become weak. Because of this, the Lord has placed in my path clear signs to deter me from the path I now trudge. I see before me now, an intended path. On this path, I must find the humility in which I lack, while invoking the fortitude to tread steadfastly.

In the past, I have sanctimoniously viewed opposing opinions from mine, as testimony of that person's ignorance and self-actuated egocentrics. All of this, I have done without turning my eyes to a mirror. As I self-reflect now, I see the vileness others must have beheld. This acknowledgement saddens me deeply. I fear that I may have left scars not only on my own soul, but possibly on the hearts of others. Of this, I clutch regret and guilt.

To confirm my conviction of change, ask I for each person who may chance to read this, to remember me in their prayers. I am weak and foolish. To overcome these traits, I ask for your help.

Your brother in Christ,

-Brian

No comments: