Thursday, December 27, 2007

What Have You Done for Him Lately?

If you are as I am, then you are always ready to proclaim your faith and willing to discuss it with others. Although this fact may be true with most of us, I know we should do more. I love discussing faith and learning from others while expressing my own, but in truth, I do little to evangelize the Word. I am not the steward I should be or the fisher of men as wish. Nevertheless, I often fall into the false reasoning that I am merely doing all I can, when in fact, I can and should do more to bring those who have strayed back to the light.

To be honest, I feel that I am too hypocritical to evangelize and that I am not educated enough in the Word to assist in leading others to a place I feel I have not arrived myself. I do see the flaws of my reasoning, but it is how I feel nonetheless. I know that none of us, or rather, few of us are truly secure in our faith. Jesus said, "Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge...?" I am not as faithful as I should be, nor wise for that matter, but it is a Christian duty to do bring the blind to the Light.

I look at it this way, in my case, it may simply be the blind leading the blind, but in the end, I am still doing the Lord's work. While doing so, I am not only helping lost sheep, but helping myself as well. While helping others, I am learning by doing, making it a win-win situation for all who may be involved.

If you are having the same doubts about your ability to evangelize and spread the Word as I do, you may try reading William Fay's 1999 book, Share Jesus Without Fear. I have read it twice, and am going to read it again this weekend. It will help motivate you in this endeavor.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

God Bless,

Brian

No comments: