Monday, January 7, 2008

Inspiration Through Faith

"When I was abandoned by everybody, in my greatest weakness, trembling and afraid of death, when I was persecuted by this wicked world, then I often felt most surely the divine power in the name, Jesus Christ...So, by God's grace, I will live and die for that name."
-Martin Luther

When times come and I find myself in doubt and my faith has been questioned, I persevere in finding the resolve to seek inspiration from those whose faith I admire. Martin Luther, in this quote, summarized my feelings. When troubled times seek to depress me, I find comfort in my Savior. "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He Cares for those who trust in Him" -Nahum 1:7.

I have been questioning the virulent nature of sins I have committed. The time has come for me to set aside the reasoning of sin and to concentrate on the forgiveness of them. So then, to begin finding resolution to this personal crises, I turn to Romans 6:1-4, which reads, "What shall we say then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

Paul discusses further in chapters seven our struggle with sin. In chapter 8:38, he explains the salvation of believers when he writes, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers...in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." When we give our selves to Christ, there is nothing that can come between us. The love our Father has is eternal.

What next? With a firm foundation I go. It is time to wash the feet of others (John 13:12-17).

Keep with Christ in all you do.

-Brian

No comments: